First and foremost, I just want to say thank you to all my diary readers and supporters. “WE DID IT JOE!!”
The past 6 months of blogging has been fun and healing for me and in less than 36 hours from now we’ll be saying goodbye to 2020 and entering into the unknown territory of 2021.
Instead of making a whole post reviewing this past year (cause we all know how this year went), I decided to share a couple questions for everyone to self-reflect on in order to get our minds ready for the new year. You will need a notebook and a pen for this.
Before we get into the questions: close your eyes, place your hand over your heart, and take a big deep breath. This is a reminder that you are alive and still breathing. So, if all you did this year was survive, you did more than enough.
- How are you feeling, really?
- What are 3-5 adjectives you would use to describe this year?
- What was the most challenging part of this year and how did you deal with it?
- Any mistakes or regrets?
- What are you super proud of that you accomplished this year?
- List your top five lessons learned.
- What new skills did you learn or what did you unlearn this year? How will you be applying these new skills in the new year?
- What new things did you discover about yourself this year?
- What were the highlights of this year? For example, the most memorable moments, your birthday, etc.
- Who made the biggest impact in your life this year? Did you meet any new people?
- Is there anyone you need to let go of in 2021? Who’s not making the cut?
- What did living through a global pandemic teach you?
- What safety/health precautions will you continue to practice in the new year to protect yourself and loved ones against the coronavirus?
- In what ways has 2020 shifted your priorities?
- How many books did you read this year? What were they?
- What songs, albums, movies, and tv shows were your favorites?
- Best purchase(s) of the year was?
- How were your eating and sleeping habits this year? Are you satisfied with those habits? If not, what will you do to change them?
- How has this year impacted your career? Did you lose your job? Are you working from home?
- How did you make space for self-care this year? Do you feel like you’ve gotten enough rest? If not, please start planning a self care day/weekend right now! 🙂
- The nicest thing I did for someone was..
- The nicest thing someone did for me was..
- What do you want more or less of in 2021?
- Something you really want to happen next year is?
- What is something you want to be able to afford next year?
- What are your biggest goals for 2021? What steps will you take to accomplish these goals?
- What skills do you want to learn or improve on in 2021?
- What should you do differently in 2021 that did not work for you this year?
- How do you plan on making the new year better overall?
- What is your mood or motto for 2021?
- Where do you want to travel to next year? (Post pandemic of course)
See you in the new year,