Opening thoughts: My intentions for this year is centered on inviting more love, success, and clarity into my life. These days I find myself feeling very uncomfortable with complacency and every day routine. I want to be heavy on my empty mind and ‘law of attraction’ shit while putting in the work for the life I truly want and deserve..
Besides catching up on ‘The Walking Dead’- Season 10, ‘Black Lightning’- Season 4, the 3rd season of ‘Good Girls’, and watching old episodes of ‘My 600lb Life’, here are the new shows that have caught my attention.
New T.V. Shows
- Behind Her Eyes. A psychological thriller. “A single mother enters a world of twisted mind games when she begins an affair with her psychiatrist boss while secretly befriending his mysterious wife.”- Netflix.
- Crime Scene: The Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel. “The notorious Cecil Hotel grows in infamy when guest Elisa Lam vanishes. From the creator of “The Ted Bundy Tapes,” a dive into crime’s darkest places.”- Netflix. I’m still trying to make sense of this one.
New Movies // Film
- Judas and The Black Messiah. “Fred Hampton, a young, charismatic activist, becomes Chairman of the Illinois chapter of the Black Panther Party — putting him directly in the crosshairs of the government, the FBI, and the Chicago Police. But to destroy the revolution, the authorities are going to need a man on the inside.”- HBO Max.
- Outside The Wire. “In the near future, a drone pilot sent into a war zone finds himself paired with a top-secret android officer on a mission to stop a nuclear attack.”- Netflix.
- I Care A lot. “A court-appointed legal guardian defrauds her older clients and traps them under her care. But her latest mark comes with some unexpected baggage.”- Netflix.
- Malcolm & Marie. “As a filmmaker and his girlfriend return home from his movie premiere, smoldering tensions and painful revelations push them toward a romantic reckoning.”- Netflix. Check out Shan Boody’s: 3 Things You Might Have Missed in Malcolm & Marie, she really puts things into perspective.
- To All The Boys: Always And Forever. “Senior year of high school takes center stage as Lara Jean returns from a family trip to Korea and considers her college plans — with and without Peter.”- Netflix.
- ‘There’s Always a Ladder’ podcast, Episode 3: We Need Better Sex Education. Absolutely loved this episode! These are the type of conversations I needed to have years ago.
niggas don't want partners, they want mothers – There's Always a Ladder
2. ‘The Self Love Fix’ podcast, Episode 89: Why you need a morning routine. Includes great productive ideas to incorporate into your morning routine like: guided meditation, journaling, matcha green tea, making time to sit down and eat, + more.
139. What No One Tells You About Having High Standards – The Self Love Fix
3. Brown Girl Self-Care, Episode: Boundaries on the job and making career changes with lawyer Toya Gavin. If you often feel depleted by the end of the work day, every day, you may need to consider listening to this episode. It really got me together chile.
Tips For Having A "High Energy" Morning – Brown Girl Self-Care
4. ‘The Introverts Guide to’ podcast, Episode 56- Introvert Super Powers. I am already aware of most of these super powers but one of the biggest take aways I got from this episode is not letting people write your narrative and never allow people to tell you who YOU are as a person.
E73 The Introvert's Guide to…Social Anxiety and "Antisocial" – The Introvert's Guide to…
5. ‘Supernatural with Ashley Flowers. My newest podcast subscription. I’m a sucker for the true crime stories. Episodes I’ve listened to so far are: ‘HAUNTED: The Loudun Possessions’ and the most current, ‘MYSTICAL: The Bosco Murders’.
New Music Favorites
- Lucky Daye- Table for Two. I’ve been waiting on new music from him and he deliverdtt!
- Tiana Major9- Major Mantras. Beautiful inspiring affirmations that I listen to every day now.
- Judas and The Black Messiah: The Inspired Album. I love the opening interlude/song by Fred Hampton Jr.
- Black Coffee- Subconsciously. The latest feel good dance album.
- SG Lewis- times. SG Lewis don’t miss!
- Brent Faiyaz, DJ Dahi ft.Tyler, The Creator- Gravity. Brent Faiyaz’s music has been speaking life into my soul lately. He’s my favorite male artist.
- Cardi B- UP. A fun, catchy bop. I really enjoy watching all the UP dance challenges on social media.
- THEY ft. Kiana Lede- Count Me In. “I can be that touch when you need it, sex when you feenin’, love for ya feelings.”
- Lion Babe- Native New Yorker. Groovy.
- Nasty C & Ari Lennox- Black And White. “You come first like rent due, I see your potential.”
Can we also talk about Chloe & Halle’s sexy futuristic ‘Ungodly Hour’ music video?! wow. Give them their flowers and awards already!
Random // Other Favorites.
- Black surgical face masks. // I’m tired of the boring basic blue masks that I wear at work every single day so I picked up some sleek black ones that will match with every outfit (from Amazon) to wear on the weekend’s.
- Enjoying the perks of an Amazon prime membership. // Super fast same day or overnight delivery, discounts, and access to Prime Video.
- Dunkin Donuts iced coffee is literally CRACK but please don’t drink it after 4pm. I was awake and wide eyed at 3am for no reason. Thank God it was a Saturday night.
- I am a Papyrophilic. // I always get this very weird over joyous super inspired feeling when I get new office supplies/stationery. I recently found out that my obsession is called: Papyrophilia. Last weekend, I went to Walmart and picked up some gel pens, and several new journals. One journal for weekly journaling, one for manifesting/spiritual notes, one for writing creative ideas, and one for jotting down business + career goals/planning.
- I’m restocked on all my essential vitamins.
- Short acrylic nail sets are cute too. // I treated myself to a mani for Valentines Day.
That’s all for now. I’ll report back next month- March 31st with new favorites!
Check out my recent monthly favorites posts below: