According to Vocabulary.com, “A pet peeve is a particular thing that bugs you every time. If your pet peeve is how people misuse words, you’re in the right place. A peeve is an annoyance, and a pet peeve is an annoyance that’s nurtured like a pet — it’s something someone can never resist complaining about. There are all kinds of pet peeves, like littering, misusing punctuation, driving slowly in the fast lane, or talking during movies.”
My biggest pet peeves are as follows:
- When someone eats my food. I could be at work thinking about that food all day long. And to get home and see that it’s been eaten?! Somebody definitely catching these hands.
- Answering my question with a question. It also annoys me when you thoroughly just finished explaining yourself but they ask: “what you mean?”. Cause at that point it makes me feel like you playing in my face.
- When someone is posting on social media but ignoring my texts. That really ignites the crazy inside of me.
- Rudeness and lack of manners. Most specifically being rude to food service workers, retail workers, and healthcare staff. That’s something I really look for when I’m dating someone or with friendships. Huge turn off.
- Talking during movies. My least favorite thing about going to the movie theaters. Also, don’t put your feet on my chair.
- Slow internet connection. It’s 2021, get your Wi-Fi game up. It shouldn’t take 5 whole minutes to load up a page.
- When someone is having a phone conversation on speaker. Also, when someone watches a video or plays music (loudly) on their phone without headphones- in public.
- The “It’s a quarter to three”. “My baby is 42 months old” type of people.
- Telling me to do something I’m already doing or about to do. It’s already annoying enough that you’re telling me what to do but when you literally see me doing it- please shut up. I think this might just be my biggest pet peeve of all.
- Slow walkers. At least move to the side and let me pass you.
- Rushing me. I’m usually always running late. My family and friends know this but rushing me doesn’t make me move any faster.
- Impatient dumb drivers. For example, someone riding my bumper when I’m not even going slow. Also, parking too close to me when there’s plenty of other spaces available, and not using turn signals really annoys me.
- Misusing punctuation and constantly misspelling words. “Your vs. you’re”, “their vs. there”, “hi you doing” instead of “how you doing”, etc. I’m pretty sure we all have auto-correct or a dictionary somewhere.
- Littering. It’s not only harmful to the environment, it’s so trifling. Have you ever seen someone throw a whole bag of trash out the window?
- Chipped nail polish. Just take it awff sis/bro.
- Know-it-all’s. This one is pretty self-explanatory. No one likes a know-it-all. Always giving their two cents and unsolicited advice that no one asked for.
Do you share any of my pet peeves? what are some of yours that aren’t listed? I’d love to know.