Get into it (yuh).
// Reruns of My Wife and Kids are now on Hulu. I’ve really been enjoying watching this TV series again, and it helps when I need a good laugh.
Tisha Campbell and Damon Wayans onscreen chemistry was great, and I’m not mad about them switching out Jazz Raycole for Jennifer Freeman (the Claire characters). Jennifer was such a better fit.
When Michael grew hair, the Hawaii episodes, the road trip, and the restaurant showdown with Stu and his family were some of my favorites. And we can’t forget little Franklin.
// I’m re-watching 9-1-1 on Hulu as well. There were a lot of episodes I missed, this show is better than I originally thought.
// The Fear Street movies on Netflix should’ve been kept in the draft folder and deleted. If you read damn near all the books as a kid, you probably know exactly how I feel.
My Mini ‘Fear Street’ book collection:
- This Is Pop | Netflix Official Site. Uncover the real stories behind your favorite pop songs as this docuseries charts the impact of the festival scene, Auto-Tune, boy bands and more. My favorite episode was ‘Auto Tune’ about T-Pain cause he actually can sing. A lot of people (including me honestly) underestimated him.
- Tulsa Burning: The 1921 Race Massacre | Hulu. “An in-depth, sobering look at the tragic events of a century ago. Focusing on a specific period, from the birth of Black Wall Street to its catastrophic downfall over the course of two bloody days, and finally the fallout and reconstruction.”
- Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness | Netflix Official Site. “Years after the horrors of Raccoon City, Leon and Claire find themselves consumed by a dark conspiracy when a viral attack ravages the White House.” I mostly just like the graphics on this show, definitely feels like I’m watching the video game.
- American Horror Stories | FX on Hulu. “American Horror Stories” is a spin-off of Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk’s award-winning anthology series “American Horror Story.” The weekly anthology series will feature a different horror story each episode. My favorite episode so far is ‘Naughty List’.
- Naomi Osaka | Netflix Official Site. “This intimate series follows Naomi Osaka as she explores her cultural roots and navigates her multifaceted identity as a tennis champ and rising leader.”
Movies & Films
- Summer of Soul | Hulu. “In his acclaimed debut as a filmmaker, Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson presents a powerful and transporting documentary—part music film, part historical record created around an epic event that celebrated Black history, culture and fashion.” I absolutely loved this documentary. The blackness, the beauty, the music, was just everything. Music has a way of expressing so many unsaid feelings but when we come together to listen to music it’s like we’re collectively healing together. And that’s what the Summer of Soul festival was all about. There was so much racial injustice and poverty going on during those times, it was nice to see so many people enjoying themselves.
- The Tomorrow War | Amazon Prime. “The world is stunned when a group of time travelers arrive from the year 2051 to deliver an urgent message: Thirty years in the future, mankind is losing a global war against a deadly alien species. The only hope for survival is for soldiers and civilians from the present to be transported to the future and join the fight.” – Imbd.
- Space Jam: A New Legacy | HBO Max and in theaters. “A rogue artificial intelligence kidnaps the son of famed basketball player LeBron James, who then has to work with Bugs Bunny to win a basketball game.” – Imbd. I wasn’t too crazy about seeing this movie but it was cute and had a couple funny lines.
- Escape Room: Tournament of Champions | in theaters. “Six people unwittingly find themselves locked in another series of escape rooms, slowly uncovering what they have in common to survive. Joining forces with two of the original survivors, they soon discover they’ve all played the game before.” I wished this movie was longer and had more game obstacles in it. Also the main character girl voice was very annoying to me.
- Safer at Home | Hulu. “Two years into the pandemic, a group of friends throw a wild online party. After taking ecstasy, things go terribly wrong and the safety of their homes becomes more terrifying than the raging chaos outside.” Just letting ya’ll know, this movie WILL piss you off.
// My Favorite New Albums of the month:
- Phabo’s debut album- Soulquarius.
- Isaiah Rashad- The House is Burning.
- James Vickery- Songs That Made Me Feel.
- Snoh Aalegra- Temporary Highs in the Violet Skies.
- Blxst & Bino Rideaux- Sixtape 2.
- Femme it Forward- Big Femme Energy, Vol. 1.
*Note: If I like more than half the songs on the album, it’s considered a favorite.
// Favorite Latest Singles:
My number one favorite single of the month has to go to: Wasting Time x Brent Faiyaz ft. Drake. I’ve been playing it non-stop since the release on July 1, 2021. I’m already a big Brent fan so having these two on a song together was magic. I loved Wildside x Normani ft. Cardi B, The Jackie x Bas & J.Cole ft. Lil Tjay, and the scandalous single- ur bestfriend x Kiana Lede ft. Kehlani– that video was so sexy.
Check out my monthly playlist below on Spotify and also on my Apple Music profile.
Book review on ‘The Vanishing Half’ by Brit Bennett coming soon!
// French Tips.
I haven’t had French tips since I was a teeny bopper (teenager). I don’t know why I stopped getting them. I guess I thought they had went out of style but my love for them has been reignited. I surprisingly got many compliments on them and how classy they look. French tips literally go great with any look.
These were my natural nails by the way.
// Natural Hair.
Every since I started wearing my natural hair out THIS year, it finally started flourishing. I always had the misconception that wearing protective styles all the time will help grow my hair but I was so wrong, it did the opposite, and my edges suffered.
Your scalp does not like being suffocated, that’s why your hair won’t grow!
Back in January 2021, I got a tapered cut with coils. My edges and the back of my hair was shaved down. I felt super self conscious (and still do a little bit) but it was something that I’ve been wanting to do for the longest time and it was necessary. My hair looks and feels better than it ever did before.
I experienced a minor set-back with my hair in May 2021 due to a glue-in incident, but the hair has since grew back within 2 months. I’m still learning what my hair likes, but I know for a fact it doesn’t like being confined. It wants to be wild and free!
I’ve been heat-free for 10 months and perm-free for a couple years now.
I may do a detailed natural hair journey at some point.
Nothing new in home decor but I really want a new bedroom set, a bathtub caddy tray, a clothing rack, a new oil diffuser, and some other cool tings. Check out my full home decor wish list on Amazon.
If you are a close friend or family member of mine and you want to know what to get me for my birthday in September or for Christmas, my Amazon wish lists are a great place to start 🙂
I went to Texas Roadhouse for the first time and was not disappointed. Them biscuits will make you slap somebody.
I forgot to snap a pic of the food so no food porn but we got drank porn at least 😋 :
// So, I went back to the movie theater for the first time in over 1.5 years. I love the experience of going to the movies but Covita put a stop to that obviously. I went to see ‘Space Jam: A New Legacy’ and ‘Escape Room: Tournament of Champions’ and I went without a mask most of the night and it felt so weird. Also, buttery movie theater popcorn never tasted so good. I was even excited to see the previews.
// There’s a new delta variant going around rapidly, and I’ve heard the Biden Administration is having talks of another lockdown (Lord, please no). Also, there’s these new green, black eyed screaming cicadas that supposedly come out annually in July and August. At this point, get me off of this planet.
// It’s been a very lukewarm girl summer so far and it’s not giving what it’s supposed to have gave. I just want to be in the water at the beach or pool!
// I’m considering bringing my blog to YouTube at some point. I’ve had a channel for years but haven’t posted any videos of my own yet. Somehow I already have 6 subscribers.
// My 28th birthday planning and preparing for my high schools 10-year reunion is bout to be in full effect in August.