Happy Halloween, guys and ghouls!
Today is my 2nd favorite holiday, even though I didn’t get to celebrate the way I wanted to this year with a cool costume. I at least get to put out my monthly favorites post today, and that brings me joy too.
A lot of my favorite shows came back with new seasons this month so I was pretty ecstatic. I definitely wasn’t expecting to see new episodes of Wentworth but as soon as I saw that they were up, I dropped everything and binged the rest of the new episodes of season 8 and it was so damn good. Dear White People’s 4th and final season aired and you all know how I felt about it (My ‘Dear White People’ Quick Review & Rant.) In The Dark– season 3, and Blood and Water– season 2 was great and both left me wanting more. That’s what I love feeling after a show!
You– season 2 was as wild as I expected. I only wish “you-know-who” didn’t die at the end cause I don’t know how the storyline will continue in the next season without them. Him and Love were so toxic together, I loved it. Their love language really was: VIOLENCE. On My Block’s 4th and final season was okay, not as funny as the other seasons. I’m mad certain characters got killed off at the end. And Caesar’s “gangsta” act was indeed getting irky.
Insecure’s 5th and final season just started last Sunday and I’m not okay. I don’t want it to be over yet. I see myself in so many of Issa’s situations, the show is just so relatable, so raw, so black and affirming. One thing I won’t miss about this show is them short ass episodes. They were a tease!
*Please click on the highlighted links to read more about each show/movie and where to watch them*
- October Faction. Netflix kept suggesting this show on my feed so I finally gave in and watched it only to find out that it got canceled after the first season. I’m not that upset about it honestly. The effects and storyline was kind of corny anyway.
- The Movies that Made Us. I just want to hug whoever thought of making this show. It’s been great seeing behind-the-scenes and learning about the making of some of my favorite movies like Halloween, Alien, and Friday The 13th. I only watched season 3 but I’m definitely going back to watch 1 and 2.
- House of Secrets: The Burari Deaths. I did a little review on this show: (read it here.). I highly doubt I’ll ever watch this again.
- What Happened, Brittany Murphy?. Her death still doesn’t sit right with me, I really loved her as an actress. She seemed like a genuine sweetheart.
- Maid. The chaotic life of a poor single mother who cleans houses for a living. She was really going through it!
- Halloween Kills. This movie did not disappoint! Michael was even more vicious than I’ve ever seen him. Definitely not your typical slasher movie.
- Till Death. Her husband is the king of petty for doing that to her haha!
- Night Teeth. Vampire drug bosses vs. human drug bosses. Interesting.
- There’s Someone Inside Your house. Ehh, it was definitely giving knock-off SCREAM vibes.
- Gunpowder Milkshake. I only watched it for Angela Bassett and the ass-kicking.
- Hypnotic. Very straight to the point thriller movie. I would have appreciated more depth and suspense.
My favorite album of the month goes to: Don Toliver’s- Life of a Don, hands down. I can’t lie though, we got off to a rough start cause I wasn’t feeling the first 2-3 songs but I came back and gave it another chance and I’m happy I did. It’s a vibe. My favorite songs on it are: ‘Get Throwed’, ‘Company pt. 2’, ‘2am’, and ‘Drugs N Hella Melodies’ ft. Kali Uchis. I also enjoyed IDK’s deluxe version to his USEE4YOURSELF album, and Wale’s- Folarin II (especially the ‘Tiffany Nikes’ single).
Also, can we talk about the hold ‘WFM‘ by: Realestk has on the TikTok and IG reels community this month?! It’s a sweet song but damn give it a rest.
Check out my latest playlist with all my current fav songs:
I finished reading Gabrielle Union’s: We’re Going to Need More Wine, now I’m ready to purchase her second book: You Got Anything Stronger?: Stories very soon. I really enjoyed her personal stories and getting to know one of my favorite actresses. I felt like I was sitting down having a conversation with her. One of the stories was sad, but most of them were very inspiring, lighthearted, and funny. I’m also excited for Will Smith’s biography titled: “Will” dropping November 9th, 2021.
In the meantime, I have other books I need to finish including Sister Souljah’s Life After Death. I had to stop reading it because it wasn’t making any sense to me and the writing is very disturbing, which takes a lot for me to say.
Check out this full breakdown and review by: AshleyRants. She sums it up to a T.
On second thought, I might just chuck this one up as a loss and not force myself to finish.
CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser: For Normal to Oily Skin [Amazon, $7.99- Buy Here].
I just started using this so I can’t give a full review just yet but I have hope for this product while using it along with my acne creams. It gives a great lather and my skin feels nice and cleansed afterwards. Plus it’s formulated for my skin type: oily AF.
“A chai latte is made by mixing steamed milk with black tea that has been infused with spices. The drink is then topped with foam. According to, PerfectDailyGrind.com, the word Chai originates from the Hindu language meaning all and any tea.
“When we talk about chai in chai lattes as a specific mixture of black tea and spices, we mean masala chai. Masala chai is made by steeping black tea in water and then mixing it with sugar, ginger, and milk. However, other spices may be added, including cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, or peppercorns”.
When I first ordered this drink at Dunkin Donuts, I didn’t pay much attention to what was in the ingredients. I just wanted something hot and soothing to drink since it was cold outside that particular morning. And all I can say is, I’m hooked. I can’t wait to try out recipes with different spices.
// So a few days after I got my flu shot, I got sick the first week of October and it was miserable. My Covid test was negative, thank God. This was my second time getting sick in the same year and I don’t like that for me. I’m supposed to be getting my booster soon and I’m honestly so tired of being poked with needles.
//I participated in Blogtober this month. It was very unplanned so I ran out of topics pretty quickly and it became overwhelming. I was trying to do all 31 days but nah. I’m super proud of myself nonetheless because this month was the most I’ve ever posted in one month. I got a lot of traffic and increased my weekly views. Who knows, maybe I will do Blogmas. Stay tuned in December!
//I’ve been noticing there’s a shortage of a lot of things in the stores like at the supermarkets, Walmart, Target, etc. Everything gets sold out super fast. I don’t know if people are starting to buy things in bulk, but it’s annoying. It’s getting harder to find my dogs pet food, my pro + prebiotics are currently sold out on Amazon, and gas prices are still high as fu@&.
//It’s October 31st but I’m already feeling the anxiety of Christmas shopping. I can just hear them retail stores dusting off that Mariah Carey Christmas record.
That’s all for now. I hope November treats us all well!
Till next time,