Welcome back readers, I hope January treated you all well and I hope all the workaholic Capricorn’s enjoyed their birthday’s!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE AQUARIUS BABIES ♒️
Winter hibernation is real. Other than working, I’ve been resting and taking things easy this month. All I want to do is snuggle up in bed, eat, and watch tv. It’s too damn cold outside for me.
I also haven’t been feeling very connected to social media or posting blog content lately. I scroll for a few minutes, then I’m out, and I love that for me. At this point, you’ll see me whenever you see me. I’m too busy living IRL (in real life). Forcing myself to post takes away the joy of it all.
Ozark- Season 4 is out and I must say, they sure know how to end things with a banger. Part 1 was a tease and I really hope they don’t take forever releasing part 2 because I need to know what’s gon’ happen! Euphoria- Season 2 is also out and I’m loving it so far, it’s getting messy as usual. I am really intrigued and slightly crushing on the new character- Elliot, played by Dominic Fike.
- Abbott Elementary. “In this workplace comedy, a group of teachers are brought together in a Philadelphia public school.” I am so proud of Quinta Brunson. From a meme to a whole producer! This show is so hilarious. The looks into the camera every time someone does or says something stupid gets me every time.
- Dark Side of the 90’s. “A look at the most captivating pop-culture moments, trends and personalities of the decade through interviews with people who studied the time period.” I’m still shook over the beanie babies episode, people lost every piece of their minds over these toys.
- Women of the Movement. “Mamie Till Mobley, who devoted her life to seeking justice for her son Emmett Till following his brutal murder in the Jim Crow South. Inspired by the book “Emmett Till: The Murder That Shocked the World and Propelled the Civil Rights Movement”. Very triggering and traumatizing to watch but people really need to know about this part of history. Emmett Tills story should never be forgotten.
- Archive 81. “An archivist takes a job restoring damaged videotapes and gets pulled into the vortex of a mystery involving the missing director and a demonic cult.” The ending pissed me off because I knew that would happen. It never ends well for the guy trying to be the hero.
- Emily in Paris. “After landing her dream job in Paris, Chicago marketing exec Emily Cooper embraces her adventurous new life while juggling work, friends and romance.” I’m still trying to give this show a chance but so far, it’s boring.
- Janet Jackson’s Documentary. “This 4-hour event, in celebration of the 40th anniversary of Janet’s first album, Janet Jackson (1982), JANET JACKSON. is an intimate, honest and unfiltered look at her untold story. Producers Workerbee have been filming the incredible documentary for over three years and were granted exclusive access to archival footage and Janet’s never before seen home videos, along with star-studded interviews.” Go stream all of Ms. Janet Jackson’s music now!
- Scream (2022). “A new installment of the ‘Scream’ horror franchise will follow a woman returning to her hometown to try to find out who has been committing a series of vicious crimes.” My favorite slasher movie returns and did not disappoint. I only wish “you know who” didn’t die.
- The Lost Daughter. “A woman’s quiet seaside vacation takes an unsettling turn when her fixation on a young mother staying at a nearby villa awakens memories from her past.” A very good drama. I was expecting this movie to go completely different from how it did. It wasn’t predictable at all.
- Brazen. “Mystery writer Grace Miller has killer instincts when it comes to motive — and she’ll need every bit of expertise to help solve her sister’s murder.” Can we just take a moment to appreciate how great Alyssa Milano looks in this movie? because that was pretty much the only excitement I felt while watching this.
- Aileen Wuornos: American Boogeywoman. “In 1976, Aileen Wuornos marries a yacht club president and causes mayhem in Florida high society. Loosely based on the serial killer’s life.” I honestly believe this woman shouldn’t have been executed.
I finished the first book in my ‘2022 reading challenge’ so now I have 9 more books to read. ‘Long Live the Cartel’ by Ashley & JaQuavis was a great read. I was engaged and on the edge of my seat the entire time, so I finished pretty quickly. It really felt like I was watching a movie in my head. Ashley and JaQuavis are a beast with the hood classic books.
Favorite Albums of the Month:
- Cordae- From a Birds Eye View.
- Gunna- DRIP SEASON 4EVER.
- The Weeknd- Dawn FM.
- Amber Mark- Three Dimensions Deep.
- Joe Kay- Archive 001 (DJ Mix).
- Pink Sweat$- Pink Moon.
- Sinead Harnett- Ready is Always Too Late (Deluxe).
- FKA Twigs- CAPRISONGS.
Topics include from leveraging debt, personal style, to quieting mental chatter and gut health.
If you didn’t know, I’ve struggled for a long time trying to find the best deodorant for my sensitive under arms and I think I finally found the holy grail- Vanicream. I stay dry and fresh all day long considering this deodorant is unscented. When I first apply it, it feels wet but then it dries quickly. So that took some getting used to.
I finally got my hands on one of my old favorite Bath and Body Works scent- Cashmere Glow, which I haven’t had in years. It’s such a classic scent that I will never get tired of. It’s a pleasant warm vanilla musk. I’m also trying out their aromatherapy- chamomile and bergamot lotion, which is more of a masculine smell. I love putting this on when I get out the shower, it knocks me out quick. Unfortunately, it must be sold out because I can’t find it on the site anymore.
The mango butter whipped shea butter by Mine Botancials is another intoxicating scent I’ve been loving this month. It’s so yummy. I be smelling good enough to eat. I purchased the larger bottle for only $11.99 and I will definitely be getting my moneys worth. This butter is best applied while the skin is still wet since it’s so thick.
- Vanicream Aluminum-Free Deodorant- $9.99.
- CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30- $14.83.
- Bath & Body Works, ‘Cashmere Glow’ gift set- $28.01.
- Bath & Body Works, Aromatherapy ‘Chamomile + Bergamot Moisturizing Lotion’ for Sleep.
- Mine Botanicals, Mango Butter Whipped Shea Butter- $11.99.
I didn’t think a vent clip would be strong enough to hold my heavy ol’ iPhone XS Max but it proved me wrong. It’s so sturdy and adjustable. Set up was quick and easy. I’m never going back to sticking a phone mount on my window or dashboard ever again.
My first Savage X Fenty purchase and definitely not my last. I was on the hunt for a not-so-basic black bra and I came upon this. I love the sparkling mesh detailing and the slight bachelorette style. It doesn’t give much nipple coverage which I kind of love. The only dislike about this bra is that it’s a little uncomfortable due to the underwire.
Hearty warm soups are the go-to for winter. Beef stew is a good one. My ultimate favorite soups are chicken noodle soup, clam chowder and Maryland crab soup.
Crack in a bottle!!! I cannot get enough of this peach iced tea. It can be drunk hot or cold but I’ve been loving it iced cold recently. It’s definitely pure sugar but I don’t care.
//I’ve been thinking a lot about my gut health lately and I’m seriously going to invest the money into getting a gut test done. I do take a pre + probiotic daily but it would be great to know what my gut needs and what it doesn’t like so that I can manage it better. I often feel super bloated. I’m also considering a colonic in the future.
//We’ve lost Sidney Poitier, Betty White, and Bob Saget all within a couple days of one another. Rest their souls 🕊
//One of my goals this year is to start solo dating and eventually solo traveling. So, this month I took myself on my first solo movie date on a lovely Saturday afternoon and I honestly had the best time. I thought it would be awkward, but it actually wasn’t. I was able to see the movie that I wanted to see (Scream), I ate my favorite movie snacks without having to share, and I didn’t have to talk to anyone 😊. Also, I treated myself to a manicure + full set for the first time in months.
Radical self care all 2022.
That’s all for now, subscribe so you’ll never miss a post from Tiffany’s Diary:
Till next time,