February is one of those months where if you blink too long, it’ll be St. Patrick’s Day. The past 28 days have certainly been a blur.
Raising Dion- Season 2 is now out on Netflix. I would recommend this show to all ages and races especially to any little black girl or boy- it’s so positive and magical. And oh, my goodness, how cute is Dion and those chubby cheeks?!
I’ve been catching up/watching The Walking Dead- Season 11, Snowfall- Season 5, Catching Killers- Season 2, and season 7 of Dr. Pimple Popper. You would think since I work in a dermatologist office that I wouldn’t be grossed out over some of these people’s skin conditions, but I am, and I oddly love it.
// New T.V. Shows:
- All of Us Are Dead. A very entertaining Korean zombie series. Some parts of it doesn’t make a lot of sense and there’s some things I would change but I like how imperfect it is, and it has its low-key funny moments. Please watch it in Korean with subtitles to really feel the characters emotions.
- My Killer Body with K. Michelle. The reality and dangers of plastic surgery. This show is very much needed, and I like how K. Michelle is the host because she’s personally been through the “surgery gone wrong” situation.
- Jeen-Yuhs: A Kanye Trilogy. I’m not much of a Kanye West fan. I think he’s very narcissistic and gives strong unhinged Gemini vibes, but this docu-series made me have a bit more respect for him as an artist and how his career blossomed.
- Forensic Files II. Forensic Files is back with an updated series with new mysteries to solve and features the same style, music, story type and content that fans know and love. I’m a little late to the party, but the new series began airing in February 2020.
I can’t wait for season 3 of Unsolved Mysteries to come out this summer!
// New Movies & Documentaries:
- Single Black Female. About movie: “Reeling from the death of her beloved father and a difficult breakup, Monica (Raven Goodwin), is ready to move forward with her life as she tries to land the new hosting job for an afternoon talk show. When she hires a new assistant, Simone (Amber Riley), the two quickly become close friends as Simone moves in next door and completely immerses herself in Monica’s life. But underneath her sweet exterior, Simone harbors a dark secret and as time goes on cracks in her façade begin to appear.” It’s scary how much these too actresses look alike. I honestly thought they were the same person.
- The Tinder Swindler. About documentary: “Posing as a wealthy, jet-setting diamond mogul, he wooed women online then conned them out of millions of dollars. Now some victims plan for payback.” This Netflix documentary was wild to say the least, took scamming to a whole nother level. I can’t believe how gullible and stupid these women were. Taking out a $20,000 loan to give to this man?! Girl, no.
By the way, shout out to Sling TV! I only signed up for this streaming service to watch the Janet Jackson documentary last month. I planned to cancel the subscription right after I watched the doc but ended up keeping it. I don’t have cable so having access to some of my favorite cable channels have been great. The only thing I hate is the $35 monthly fee.
// Music I’ve been loving this month:
Favorite New Albums
- Jazmine Sullivan- Heaux Tales, Mo’ Tales (Deluxe). As if this album couldn’t get any better the deluxe made me fall even more in love. Jazmine Sullivan deserves all her flowers and accolades- she did that. Now, if only I can find tickets to her concert!! If anyone knows someone who has the hook up, let me know!
- Khruangbin & Leon Bridges- Texas Moon (EP). This album feels like enjoying a warm summer breeze while driving down a wide-open country road with all the windows rolled down.
- Robert Glasper- Black Radio III. Robert Glasper never disappoints. The features he has on his albums are a match made in heaven. Tasteful, classic, and black. Music filled with affirmations and vulnerability.
- EARTHGANG- GHETTO GODS. I love EARTHGANG, that’s it, that’s all. I love any artist associated with Dreamville Records and J. Cole because they’re all great. I have nothing else to say ha-ha.
- Saba- Few Good Things. Mellow thought-provoking sentimental hip hop is the best words to describe his sound.
- Dreamer Isioma- Goodnight Dreamer. The album tile and the artist’s name perfectly describe her music- dreamy indeed. Super carefree and fun.
I’m really looking forward to Shenseea’s debut album- ALPHA on March 11th.
Check out my February 2022 playlist below:
// Books that are collecting dust that I really need to finish THIS year:
- How to Talk to Anyone by: Leil Lowndes.
- The Seven Spiritual Laws of Succes by: Deepak Chopra.
- Being in Love: How to love with awareness and relate without fear by: OSHO.
I’m refraining from reading the new Will Smith biography until I finish at least two of these books because I’ve had them for way too long. Please pray for me because I’m so tempted to ditch them.
I came across some new reads that I want to start on the Kindle App as well even though nothing compares to reading an actual book.
// Podcast Episodes:
I have also been following a few new podcasts this month including- Random Order Podcast, Comedy Trap House, and Late Night with Ler and Lionel. They all talk about some very thought-provoking, RAUNCHY, and downright hilarious ass topics.
Also, Rickey Thompson and Denzel Dion is back with season 3 of their We Said What We Said podcast and I’m happy that I’m able to actually watch their episodes now. When I’m just listening, it’s hard for me to concentrate sometimes. I’m more of a visual girl.
& a good friend of mine has her own YouTube channel that I love to watch. If you’re into spirituality and astrology, please give her a follow. The sound of the cards shuffling, her nails, and her soothing voice is an ASMR lover’s dream.
// Tropical Roots Growth Oil- $7.07.
My loctician uses this on my hair and it always be having my locs smelling tropical (hence the pineapple and guava) and it also stimulates hair growth, so I had to purchase some for myself. I was tired of pouring oil onto my scalp, a spray bottle is much easier and less messy.
// New Scents:
I was re-gifted two homemade roll-on perfumes- Pink Sugar and Paris.
Pink Sugar literally smells like SUGAR- very girly and sweet. Paris is a little less sugary, more mature. I love these mini perfume bottles because they are great to travel with!
One thing about me, I’m going to eat GOOD.
Shrimps and salmon had me in a chokehold this month. Here are some of my favorite meals and snacks from this past month:
// Applebee’s- Blackened Cajun Salmon Entree:
// Texas Roadhouse- Grilled Shrimp with Seasoned Rice Entree:
// Rainbow Sour Bites:
I’m not a big candy eater but when I do have candy it has to be chewy and/or soft.
At the beginning of the month, I had the honor of celebrating my mom’s birthday, my girl turned 55 and still looks great. We celebrated her birthday at Texas Roadhouse (where I had tried some fried rattlesnake bites for the first time but was not a fan of) and I made sure she got a patron kicker added to her drink. Two days after that was Valentine’s Day. I’m so single that the only gifts I get on V-Day are from family lol but at least I know I’m loved anyway.
The passing of a family member led us to Virginia (where my maternal family is from) for a weekend. Despite the circumstances, it was great visiting and seeing family that I haven’t seen in years/before the pandemic. Although I could barely recognize some people with their masks on.
I had another health/covid scare but thankfully it wasn’t covid per my negative test results. The random sickness lasted about a week, but I’m back to feeling 100% again. Since working in a hospital, I feel like I get sick more often, so I definitely have to increase my vitamins and supplements.
I went to see my Dermatologist for my 4 to 5 month follow up appointment. The acne breakouts and irritation on my skin have pretty much cleared up completely, I love looking at my face in the mirror again. The acne treatment regimen has been very effective. My main focus is targeting the bacne now. I also received steroid injections in my back for the first time to help with the appearance of the scar tissue that I have. We’ll see how that works in the next coming weeks.
The weather has been so chaotic this month. One day its 76 degrees, the next day it’s freezing with snow flurries. I can’t wait for the real thot weather to commence. The heathen inside of me is ready (if you know, you know) LOL. Please don’t take me too seriously.
And last but not least, this is your reminder to FILE YOUR TAXES if you haven’t done so yet. For the past 2 years now, I have been doing my own taxes through TurboTax and I don’t think I’ll ever go back to paying someone else to do them for me. It’s very easy to do and I always make sure I take my time and read everything carefully.
Let’s check in!
(Questions to ask yourself)
How am I doing on my yearly goals?
Where am I with my seasonal goals?
What were my favorite memories from this month?
What would I like to work on next month?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE CRY BABY PISCES OUT THERE!! & I HOPE ALL THE AQUARIUS’S ENJOYED THEIR BIRTHDAYS ❤
Two things define you. Your patience when you have nothing, and your attitude when you have everything.Imam Ali
Till next time,
2 responses to “Monthly Favorites | February 2022”
Looooooooove this 😍
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yayy I’m glad you loved it!😊🤗