Degrassi: Next Generation is now on HBO Max! I think I manifested it from my ’10 TV Shows to Know Me’ post. The nostalgia that I get from this show is crazy. My 28-year-old self STILL dislikes Emma, but I’m going to attempt to watch every season little by little.
More shows are back with new seasons: Top Boy, Bridgerton, and Good Girls, but I haven’t been able to watch them yet so, no spoilers please!
Also, I finished the 4th and final season of Claws, and I was not impressed by the series finale/ending. It was good but phony. Karrueche surprised us all, she’s actually not that bad on screen.
// New T.V. Shows
- Bel Air | “The journey of a talented teen whose life is forever transformed when he moves from the streets of west Philadelphia to live with his relatives in one of LA’s wealthiest enclaves.”
- Pam & Tommy | “Set in the Wild West early days of the Internet, “Pam & Tommy” is based on the incredible true story of the Pamela Anderson (Lily James) and Tommy Lee (Sebastian Stan) sex tape.”
- Peacemaker | “There are heroes, there are villains, and then there’s Peacemaker — a vainglorious man who believes in peace at any cost, no matter how many people he has to kill to get it!”
// Movies & Docuseries
- Worst Roommate Ever. | “Violent con artists. Stone-cold killers. These terrifying true stories unveil some of the worst cohabitation experiences one could ever imagine.”
- The Weekend Away | “When her best friend vanishes during a girl’s trip to Croatia, Beth races to figure out what happened. But each clue yields another unsettling deception.” Leighton Meester did that! it was refreshing to see her acting again.
- A Madea Homecoming. | “Madea’s back — hallelujer! And she’s not putting up with any nonsense as family drama erupts at her great-grandson’s college graduation celebration.”
// Music Favorites
Best New Albums:
I’m excited for new upcoming albums from Brent Faiyaz, Omar Apollo, Syd, Kehlani, Umi, Tank and the Bangas, and Laya. This month, I’ve been specifically obsessed with: Lucky Daye. I love Lucky Daye’s sense of fashion, his stage presence, and his personality seems really chill. I’ve been loving Ivy Sole and Coast Contra as well.
- Lucky Daye- Candydrip. | This album is for those who are still hopeFUL in love.
- Shenseea- ALPHA. | What a good mix of genres. Reggae, pop, r&b, and hip-hop.
- Tinashe- 333 (Deluxe). | Stop sleeping on Miss Tinashe, she got bops.
- Nigo- I Know Nigo. | The ‘Come on, let’s go’ single with Tyler the Creator led me to this album.
- Coast Contra- Apt. 505. | A 5-star debut album, period.
- Avril Lavinge- Love Sux. | The early 2000 emo girl version of me is very pleased. Rock music was such a time back then, you had to be there.
- Latto- 777. | This album is actually not bad. I would say it’s pretty solid.
I came across a freestyle video by Coast Contra on Instagram and I immediately had to do my research which led me to their debut album- ‘Apt. 505’. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised of how great they sound together. It’s giving 90s alt hip-hop mixed with Wu Tang type vibes. I knew I was going to love the entire album within the first 30 seconds of the first song. What a great representation of hip-hop they are. See the freestyle below:
Check out my favorite songs of the month on my March 2022 playlist below:
// Favorite Podcast Episodes
Black French Manicures.
I got a lot of compliments on these nails. The white French tips are a lot more common, so people really liked in black. No matter the color, French tips are so timeless and classic.
Wild Berry flavored Skittles.
I’m never eating the original flavor again, these are tewww good! Can we get the billllllll?
Oh Fresh! Mango Juice.
A family member randomly bought me this drink from the grocery store, I’ve never seen or heard of it before but I ain’t mad. This drink was delicious. It literally tastes like fresh mangoes and the pulps weren’t too overpowering. I usually can’t stand pulp.
Other than attending the Tyler the Creator concert at the beginning out this month (check out my review here), March has been very underwhelming. I’m literally bored, all I do is work. The inflation is kickin’ everybodies ass (unless you’re rich). The cost of living right now is insane. It’s impossible to find an apartment for less than $1,100.00 in Maryland. Millennials and Gen-Z are suffering! Financial stress is a beetch. How are we supposed to make a life for ourselves in times like these?! Prior generations really can’t understand because houses were only like $3.00 back then (dramatic I know, but you get the point).
Going forward, in terms of my blog, I will be limiting my word count to 1600 with a total reading time of 5 minutes or less. I just don’t feel like typing up super long posts anymore and honestly, no one actually likes reading long posts. The average attention span is only a few seconds long, so I’m going to save myself the time and energy. That’s all for now!
Stay connected with me on my socials:
I hope all the Pisces enjoyed their birthdays and Happy Birthday to all the psychotic but funny ass Aries!!! ♈️
Till next time,