Not me uploading September favorites when it’s eight days into October lol. In true Libra fashion, you know I’m always late but I always deliver. It was impossible for me to try to upload my September favorites when I was still getting content from my trip on the 29th and 30th. I went back to work the day after I came back so I’ve been super tired all week with not a lot of downtime for myself unfortunately.
Life Updates + Events
I turned 29 on Thursday September 29th, 2022! If you’re feeling generous and want to get ya girl a little “something-something”, my cash app ($Teehill9) is always open to receiving as it is still Libra season 😊.
I went on a birthday trip/staycation with my family to Ocean City, MD (September 28th to October 2nd). Ocean City is only about a 2.5hour drive from where I live. We went during the “off” season, so the weather sucked. It was cloudy, rainy, windy, and pretty cold some days. It never got higher than 67 degrees. It was almost dead empty there except for the boardwalk area. Even the hotel was kind of empty. But that didn’t stop me from enjoying myself whatsoever. We stayed at the Home2 Suites by Hilton Ocean City Bayside. The view wasn’t much:
Our time was spent shopping, eating GOOD (we went to new restaurants everyday), exploring, laughing loudly, drinking- a little too much, having great convos, actin a fool, and overall making long lasting memories. We also checked out the Ripley’s Believe it or Not museum for the first time and did a mirror maze afterwards. I felt like such a tourist in my own state, it was pretty funny. I’ll be turning 30 next year so I’m about to start planning ahead of time cause I wanna do it BIG and go somewhere warm.
I really wasn’t in much of a celebratory mood for my birthday this year. I was pretty sad actually and just wanted to be low-key and out the way. But, I’m so grateful for my family for turning that around. I’m blessed to have life in my body and love in my heart.
Some cool souvenirs I got:
- Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story. “Across more than a decade, 17 teen boys and young men were murdered by convicted killer Jeffrey Dahmer. How did he evade arrest for so long?”– Netflix. I was excited to see Evan Peters playing Jeffrey Dahmer. I honestly couldn’t have thought of a better actor for this role than him. I’ve loved Evan Peters as an actor since seeing him in AHS season one. His performance was phenomenal. I nearly binged the whole series in one night because it was so good. Niecey Nash was also fantastic, and it was cute seeing her real daughter play her daughter in the series. The world really needed to see this series because so many people like myself never knew the whole story or anything about the victims and this series helps keep their name and memory alive. Fuck Jeffrey Dahmer! I’m still torn up about the Tony Hughes story/episode. It’s infuriating how none of the cops cared to take action sooner.
- I Survived a Crime. “Follow the unforgettable experiences of everyday people forced to make quick choices when confronted with dangerous encounters in this docuseries.”– Netflix. This show actually scares me, it’s way too real. These situations can happen to anyone and I’m happy these folks were blessed enough to live to see another day and tell their stories.
- Devil in Ohio. “Determined to protect a young patient who escaped a mysterious cult, a psychiatrist takes the girl in, putting her own family — and life — in danger.”– Netflix. Good show but it wasn’t even scary, so I was disappointed in that.
- In The Dark (SEASON 4). “Shady deals, twisted loyalties and bad choices all come to a head as Murphy attempts to untangle the threads of her life — and faces some consequences.” I’m lowkey glad Murphy finally started to face some consequences for her actions this season because she been causing too much mess and getting away with it. Although she’s the main character, she isn’t very like-able sometimes. She’s definitely a villain too. Leslie really came through for Murphy and she and Max did her so dirty- IYKYK.
- The Handmaid’s Tale (SEASON 5- now airing on Hulu).“June faces consequences for killing Commander Waterford while struggling to redefine her identity and purpose. The widowed Serena attempts to raise her profile in Toronto as Gilead‘s influence creeps into Canada.” This show is kinda getting redundant at this point but it’s still a great show definitely not as interesting as prior seasons. I can’t wait for Serena to drop that baby, so hopefully she can give June that one-on-one fist fight that she’s dying for! Maybe the season will pick up- action wise.
- Abbott Elementary (SEASON 2- now airing on ABC). “School is back in session!”– Hulu. This season is off to a great start already. It’s crazy how much of a good mood this show puts me in. I honestly couldn’t think of a more perfect cast. Shoutout to all the teachers out there making things work with what they have and are loving what they do. It’s not easy especially when teaching inner city and underserved communities. We need you and our kids need you, YOU are appreciated.
- American Horror Stories (SEASON 2, EPISODE 7- Necro). “A young mortician discovers the living are more terrifying than the dead.” This was overall a good season but episode 7 took the cake for me. It was one of the most disturbing things I’ve ever seen, and I loved it! It was beautiful in a way. That is what true horror is all about.
- NOPE (in theaters). “After random objects falling from the sky result in the death of their father, ranch-owning siblings OJ and Emerald Haywood attempt to capture video evidence of an unidentified flying object with the help of tech salesman Angel Torres and documentarian Antlers Holst.”– Universal Pictures. I can’t lie, I was very confused for the majority of watching this movie. It was hard trying to figure out what it was all about. Most people will not understand it after the first watch- I sure didn’t. It’s one of those movies where you must pay attention and expand your mind. Jordan Peele drops a lot of symbolism in his movies and deep messages that make you think. Looking at reviews on YouTube really helped me put things into perspective and pointed out a LOT of things I missed. All in all, I’d say it’s a pretty solid movie and worth watching.
- The Woman King (in theaters). “The Woman King is the remarkable story of the Agojie, the all-female unit of warriors who protected the African Kingdom of Dahomey in the 1800s with skills and a fierceness unlike anything the world has ever seen.”– IMDB. I’ve seen this movie TWICE in theaters so far and I never see a movie twice in the theaters so, that says a lot! If this is the only thing you take away from this post, I would be okay with that… just go see it for yourself and don’t listen to the Twitter hate. Brillant actors/actresses, great storyline, and the plot twist was unexpected. This movie kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. It was truly exhilarating!
- A Jazzman’s Blues. “Tyler Perry’s tale of forbidden love and family drama unravels 40 years of secrets and lies against a soundtrack of juke-joint blues in the Deep South.”– Netflix. What a beautiful and heartbreaking love story. Tyler Perry did that!
- Saint Frances. “After an accidental pregnancy turned abortion, a deadbeat nanny finds an unlikely friendship with the six-year-old she’s charged with protecting.”– Prime Video. I came across this movie by accident in the middle of the night. Have you ever randomly picked a movie to fall asleep to because it “looks boring” but that movie actually turns out to be good? That’s exactly how it went.
Movies I want to see next- The Silent Twins, Halloween Ends, Smile, and Black Panther 2.
Ari Lennox not only gave us a beautiful new album but an EP as well and I’m simultaneously enjoying them both still. Although I do wish she would’ve just combined the two projects. My favorite new songs of hers right now are ‘Tatted’, ‘Waste My Time’, ‘Leak It’, and ‘Boy Bye’ ft. Lucky Daye. That real feel-good R&B sh!t.
Baby Tate also snapped on her newest album- Mani/Pedi. She’s so slept on and she’s actually really talented. Check out ‘Differences’ x Baby Tate and you’ll see what I’m talking about.
Kelela finally graced us with new music after years of starving us. Her new single- ‘Washed Away’ got us (her fans) losing our minds even though she only said like two words on the song.
One album that I’m super excited for is DRAM’s ‘What Had Happened Was…” (I love the name of the album by the way, very clever). He’s an underrated artist that I just really vibe with. His songs not only puts me in my feels, but they also make me chuckle as well cause his word play is insane.
My playlist this month features some of my favorite songs from artist like: Che Ecru, Zyah Belle, Ballad, Reggie Becton, AUGUST 08, Black Pumas, Asake, and Mansur Brown. Check it out:
If you haven’t noticed by now, I enjoy discovering and sharing music from underground underrated artist rather than all main stream artists. You’ll be amazed by the gems you can find if you listen to music on shuffle/auto play.
//Favorite New Albums:
- Ari Lennox- age/sex/location. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Ari Lennox- Away Message (EP). ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Protoje- Third Time’s the Charm. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Asake- Mr. Money With The Vibe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Dixson- 004Daisy. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Durand Bernarr- Wanderlust. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Mansur Brown- NAQI, Vol. 1. ⭐️⭐️
- Rexx Life Raj- The Blue Hour. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Jessie Reyes- YESSIE. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Santigold- Spirituals. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Baby Tate- Mani/Pedi. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- ODUNSI- Denim (EP). ⭐️⭐️
- Mike Nasty- Deep into the Sun. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- Jenevieve- Rendezvous (EP). ⭐️⭐️
- Rina Sawayama- Hold the Girl. ⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hair & Beauty
//Birthday Nail Set:
I was going for a snake print design. It’s perfect for Halloween and also because I love the spiritual meaning of snakes.
//9 Month Loc Update:
I’m still very much in love with my locs and the process so far. In fact, I’m even more in love with them than I’ve ever been. Since my last update, they’ve grown thicker for sure. I’m still using my yellow bottle Wild Growth Oil. Also, I’ve gotten more comfortable with just letting them hang down without styling them all the time. The ends of my locs are unintentionally remaining loose/curly and that’s fine. In two months, I’ll hit my one year anniversary!
//BEST Edge Control Ever:
Porn Favorites + Reviews
The Executive Diner: Alexandria, VA.
Salt Water Taffy
I had no idea the Ocean City/MD area is famous for these candies because they were literally everywhere so I had to try one for myself and they’re not bad. Chewier than I preferred. Sweet and salty.
My Birthday Recap Reel
Happy Birthday to all my charming indecisive Libras out there, and I hope all the Virgo’s enjoyed their birthdays!
That’s all for now, till next time!