Don’t be alarmed!
This is only the end of chapter 2022, my last blog post OF THE YEAR, and the beginning of a new era.
I recently cut ties with someone within the last few days of 2022, most specifically on December 22nd, 2022, and I feel so light! When there’s someone who is not meant to be in your life, God is going to keep throwing you sign after sign until you start to acknowledge them and take action.
To make a long story short, the friendship was getting exhausting for both parties so the decision to cut ties was very much mutual. Now it got me feeling like, who’s next? who else needs to be cut off?! Because I only want to enter the new year with people who are truly for me!
Christmas 2022 Recap
Christmas 2022 was a happy success. I finished my Christmas shopping early this year, so I didn’t have to deal with the crowded stores too much. My favorite cousin came up from VA to spend the holiday with me and then we all gathered at grandma’s house for a small Christmas party. Christmas dinner is like Thanksgiving 2.0 in our household, so you know we threw down. If you want to see what I got gift wise, check out ‘What I got for Christmas (2022)’ here.
Ace (my yorkie) also got his own gifts too- a doggy bath towel, a new brush/comb, toys, treats, bandanas/neck scarves, and a collapsible water bottle.
some cute aesthetic photos I captured with my polaroid camera:
Some additional family snapshots (I’m sorry in advance for the picture quality cause these were taken on somebodies old ass android):
- Kindred. “As Dana, a young Black woman and aspiring writer, begins to settle in her new home, she finds herself being pulled back and forth in time, emerging at a nineteenth-century plantation and confronting secrets she never knew ran through her blood.” – Hulu. This show started off slow and confusing for me but once it picked up, it really picked up (towards the last 2-3 episodes). The ending was such a cliffhanger and I’m hoping for a season two soon. I never read the book version before and based on the reviews on Twitter, they strayed away from the original story a lot and that the book is supposedly much better. I’d have to admit though, it’s a little unbelievable that Kevin would be willing to keep traveling back to the 1800s for a woman he just met the same night. I would’ve liked for them to have been married and in love for a couple years first. Nonetheless, this show was suspenseful and thrilling. 10/10.
- Blood & Water- Season 3. “As another year begins at Parkhurst, Puleng and Fiks search for a lost loved one — but their perseverance could be putting them in grave danger.” – Netflix. Puleng went through it this season chile. In fact, the whole season was traumatizing for everybody. But Wade really showed up and showed out. 10/10.
- Crime Scene: The Texas Killing Fields (Docuseries). “An overgrown field and a stretch of highway connect a series of grisly murders spanning several decades as grieving families search for answers.” – Netflix. I may have to watch this series over because I really don’t remember what happened. Seeing all those bodies buried in that field was just horrifying.
- The Midnight Club. “Inside a hospice for terminally ill teens, members of an exclusive club make a chilling pact: The first to die must send a sign from beyond the grave.”– Netflix. *Currently watching*
- Don’t Pick Up the Phone (Docuseries). “This docuseries follows the investigation into a hoax caller who talked managers into strip-searching employees at fast food businesses across the US.” – Netflix. I’m sorry but, this couldn’t happen to me, cause the way I would hang up so fast. Hell, I probably wouldn’t even answer the phone at all. *Currently watching*
- Harry & Meghan (Docuseries). “From their courtship to their exit from royal life, Harry and Meghan share their complex journey in their own words in this docuseries.” – Netflix. I have so much respect and admiration for Harry and Meghan after watching this docuseries. I understand exactly why it was the best decision for them to give up their royal duties. I can tell they genuinely love each other as well. They seem to be good people. 10/10.
- The Best Man: The Final Chapters. “Based upon the eponymous Universal film franchise written and directed by Malcolm D. Lee, the series catches up with Harper, Robyn, Jordan, Lance, Quentin, Shelby, Candace, and Murch as relationships evolve and past grievances resurface in the unpredictable stages of midlife crisis meets midlife renaissance.”– Peacock. If I could give this series 20/10, I would cause it was amazing! I absolutely loved every single thing about it. I already watched it twice in the same week. I laughed loudly and cried hard. Episode 1 and Episode 2: ‘The Wedding’ really had me crackin’ up the most. At first, I was a little upset that they didn’t make it into a movie, but my opinion quickly changed. Hours of TV series content compared to a 90 to 120 minute movie was wayyy better.
- Chucky. “A series of murders exposes the secrets of a New Jersey town after a vintage Chucky doll turns up at a suburban yard sale.” – Peacock. There’s something stopping me from totally loving this series, I don’t know what it is yet. *Currently watching*.
Movies + Films:
- Emily the Criminal. “Saddled with student debt and locked out of the job market, a woman gets involved in credit card scams — and is soon pulled deep into the world of crime.” – Netflix. Money and debt will have people doing some crazy dumb things I see.
- Where the Crawdads Sing. “A woman who grew up alone in the wild North Carolina marshes becomes a suspect in the murder of a well-to-do young man from the nearby town.” – Netflix. I wasn’t expecting the little love story, that was cute.
- Girl in the Picture (Docufilm). “In this documentary, a woman found dying by a road leaves behind a son, a man claiming to be her husband — and a mystery that unfolds like a nightmare.” – Netflix. Hands down the most mind twisting and saddest murder documentary I’ve ever seen. I was almost brought to tears. The fact that no one knew this woman’s true identity for so long, the things her “father” did to her, and the lack of care and urgency her birth mother showed was so heartbreaking. She didn’t deserve that.
- Prisoners (2013). “After his young daughter and her friend go missing, a desperate father clashes with the detective on the case and takes matters into his own hands.” – Netflix. The ending pissed me off because I was hoping the dad would get found. I really hope he didn’t die like that.
- Avatar- The Way of Water (in 3D). “Jake Sully lives with his newfound family formed on the extrasolar moon Pandora. Once a familiar threat returns to finish what was previously started, Jake must work with Neytiri and the army of the Na’vi race to protect their home.” – IMBD. I went to see this in theaters on Christmas Eve 2022 and had the best 3D experience. First of all, the tickets were expensive as hell. Nearly $28 per ticket! Anyways, great movie. Go see it! I rewatched the first Avatar movie a day before going to see part two so, I would suggest everyone to do the same since the first one was released in like ’09.
- The Silent Twins. “June and Jennifer Gibbons are twins from the only Black family in a small town. After a spree of vandalism, the girls are sentenced to Broadmoor, an infamous psychiatric hospital, where they face the choice to separate and survive or die together.” – Peacock. <<SPOILER ALERT>> Although this movie had some good performances, I had many issues. I thought the silent twins vowed to stop talking because of a traumatic event happened but it seems like they just didn’t want to talk to anyone just because. Not even their own family, and that was upsetting to me and annoying. But yet, they had no problem talking to “Bob and Billy” and getting high though. Girl, bye. And I still want to know what Jennifer died from. Was it Aids? Ugh, so many questions.
- An RTT Special Event: A Different World Reunion. “A special reunion millions have been waiting for! After 35 years, the superstar cast of the groundbreaking series “A Different World” is reuniting for the first time at the Red Table, revealing exclusive behind-the-scenes stories, hilarious and heartfelt memories and reliving their favorite episodes.”– Facebook Watch.
This month, I’ve been listening to a lot of toxic lover girl music aka SZA and Metro Boomin’s ”HEREOS & VILLIANS’. I’ve been enjoying Little Simz- ‘NO THANK YOU’, and Stomzy’s ‘This Is What I Mean’ albums as well. So, all four albums are currently in heavy rotation.
My favorite songs right now are “Need You” by Stormzy, “Who Even Cares” by Little Simz, “FreakyT” by TiaCorine, and “Snooze” by SZA. You can check out these songs and more in the playlist below.
December 2022- Playlist
<<< Spotify Link to Playlist >>>
<<< Apple Music Link to Playlist >>>
Favorite New Albums
(Tap the links to access specific albums)
- SOS – Album by SZA | Spotify.
- This Is What I Mean – Album by Stormzy | Spotify.
- HEROES & VILLAINS – Album by Metro Boomin | Spotify.
- Chrome Bull – Album by Duckwrth | Spotify.
- Y5 – Album by Yuna | Spotify.
- Euphonyus – Album by Phony Ppl | Spotify.
- Sincerely For You – Album by Jacquees | Spotify.
- Natural Progressions – Album by Brandon Banks | Spotify. *Released: May 2022*
- BEFORE WE GO (DEEPER) – Album by India Shawn | Spotify. *Released: July 2022*
- flora + fana (deluxe) – Album by Fana Hues | Spotify.
- NO THANK YOU – Album by Little Simz | Spotify.
Favorite New EPs
- Ultraviolet – Ep by RINI | Spotify
- WOAH, WHAT A BLUR! – Single by Bree Runway | Spotify.
- I Told You I Would – Ep by KIRBY | Spotify.
- Take me home – Ep by PinkPantheress | Spotify.
Beauty, Locs + Nails
I feel so feminine getting my nails done. I love spoiling myself with a new set & design.
Happy One Year Loc-A-Versary to Me!!!
My loc babies turned one on December 10th, 2022. I finally got to achieve one of my dream loc styles.
3 packs of pre-stretched ‘Bobbi Nu Locs’ in color 2 was used to achieve desired length and to match with my natural hair color.
I’d choose unisex woody scents over feminine floral scents any day. I love the smell of cedar, musk, and tonka bean. I like smelling like a grown woman and a strong man in a suit at the same time. So, I landed upon Banana Republic’s ‘Tobacco and Tonka Bean’ perfume while shopping in Burlington. It was a blind buy, but I am mostly satisfied with my purchase. It’s a very subtle scent. I was hoping for something a bit stronger and that would linger in the room after I leave. My next unisex buys will either be ‘Super Cedar’ by Byredo or ‘Ambery Saffron’ by Dossier (inspired by Baccarat Rogue 540) to be layered with Dossier’s ‘Ambery Cherry’, ‘Ambery Vetiver’, or ‘Woody Sandalwood’. Eek, I’m excited!
Favorite candle: Banana Nut Bread
I love me some banana nut bread (the edible kind), so this candle was a match made in heaven. So yummy.
LED+ Light Bulb
This light bulb not only changes to 10 different colors and has 2 dimmable light settings, but it saves an estimated energy cost of $83. It has 800 lumens of brightness and can last up to 13 years (based on 3 hrs/day usage). My favorite part is that it comes with a remote. I can turn my light on and off without even getting out the bed. Yes ma’am!
Juicy Couture Robe
I feel like a rich witch when I put this robe on. It’s super soft and plush, and the pink color is so beautifully vivid. I never want to take it off.
Char-Coochie (Charcuterie) boards with shrimp + deviled eggs
During our family Christmas party, we had deviled eggs and shrimps with a charcuterie board as our appetizers, and let’s just say it was a hit. Don’t ask me how many eggs I ate.
Andre’ Pink Moscato
Light and refreshing with a 9% alc vol. Add this to your NYE celebrations tonight. No hangover and no drunkenness with this one. Keep it cute!
Some other good bites
A hot n’ fresh oven pizza and a rib platter from ‘Corner Food Station’ in Baltimore, MD.
That’s all for now, I’ll see you all in twenty twenty-three!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Happy Birthday to all the hardworking hustlin’ Capricorns out there, and I hope all the Sagittarius enjoyed their birthdays!