I can count on one hand how many times I remember being hugged or held by a parent. I’m not saying my parents didn’t love me, I just don’t remember being comforted when I really needed it. And whenever I was, it was always my dad. But once I grew up into middle-school ages, it stopped completely. Recently, I came across a video on Instagram of a man holding his teenaged son in his arms just because his son wanted a hug, it looked so abnormal to me.Continue reading
“Because cleanliness is next to godliness.”Continue reading
The treatment of your nails is or should be similar to how you would treat the hair on your head (with care!). Here are my 6 quick tips on how to grow strong healthy nails.
- Increase your water intake – We all should be drinking at least eight 8ounce glasses of water each day. I find I have no problem drinking a lot of water during the warmer months but I do struggle with this during the winter. But your body, skin and nails will thank you later. Go drink some water right now!
- Stop biting your nails – Not only does it hinders your nails from growing longer it’s also disgusting. Think of all the public places you’ve been and the surfaces you touched. The doorknobs, sink faucets, car door handles, etc. “Coronavirus!” *Cardi B’s voice*
- Take vitamins & increase superfood intake – My favorite vitamin to take is Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins with Biotin by Nature’s Bounty. As far as superfoods go: salmon, eggs, chicken, spinach, avocado and nuts/seeds (pumpkin) are a good start. They are all rich with their own vitamins and proteins.
- Cuticle treatments – Your cuticles are layers of clear skin located at the base of your fingernails. The cuticles are there to protect new nails from bacteria and without proper care they can grow infections. To treat them it’s important to use a gel cuticle cream to push them back and to trim off any hangnails. For a little razzle dazzle, add a nourishing oil on top. I’ve been seeing these cute cuticle oil pens that I think are worth having. Or be cheap like me and blend your own organic oils together.
- Keep up with regular maintenance – This includes cutting, shaping, filing, cleansing, moisturizing, and polishing. Dirty fingernails are a huge pet peeve for me.
- Put down the acrylics – Ladies, I know having long beautifully designed acrylics can be addicting but I would suggest taking breaks to give your nail beds a rest. Instead opt for gel manicures or dip powder that will actually help strengthen your nails. Sometimes I’ll just rock some clear polish (L.A. Colors- Base Coat & Top Coat Nail Treatment) over my natural nails and keep it moving.
Till next time,
Okay, can we take a moment to applaud Rihanna though?! Her skincare line- Fenty Skin comes out July 31st and I’m hyped. I live for good skincare products. Here is my current step-by-step skincare routine with products included.Continue reading
Welcome back! It’s July 1st and before we get underway into the month, here’s what I’ve been loving throughout the month of June in the categories of entertainment, hair & beauty, fashion, food, and health.Continue reading
Journaling is defined as to keep a daily record, as of occuring experiences, or observations. It’s self examining, reflective entries concerning your private thoughts and feelings (Meah, A).Continue reading
Since the corona-virus pandemic hit, I’ve gone crazy and back about twenty times so far. Ultimately, I’ve kind of gotten used to staying home and I low key don’t miss working. Recently though, the state of Maryland has began the reopening process after being on lock down since mid-March.Continue reading
Did you know that Juneteenth, also known as ‘Freedom Day’ for African-Americans in the United States, is still not recognized as a paid federal holiday? but yet, ‘Independence Day’ is. The irony.Continue reading
Hey there, I’m back! it’s been nearly a year and a half since my last blog post. One year, five months and ten days to be exact, but I can explain..Continue reading
Hello all, Happy New Years Eve! Can you believe we made it through another year already? 2018 literally flew right past. I can’t say it’s beenContinue reading