During this healing girl summer..Continue reading “Healing Girl Summer”
but I will prevail.Continue reading “The first 6 months of 2022 had some serious hands”
Hi friends! I won’t hold ya’ll too long. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend, it’s officially-unofficially summertime!
Not much really happened this month. No big shopping hauls or new foods that I’m excited about, but I made a great playlist and discovered a new podcast that I really like.
I was able to support an old middle school friend by purchasing a book of hers, and I also started watching a very known and popular T.V. show. I’m about 18 seasons behind, can you guess what this ABC show is? It’s won several Golden Globes, Primetime Emmys’, and Screen Actor Guild awards.Continue reading “‘Legs, and Hips, and Body, Body’: Monthly Favorites | May 2022”
Have you ever wondered what was happening in the world on the day you were born? What was the number one song? The most popular movie(s)?Continue reading “On The Day I Was Born | A Personal Research Project”
Hey guys, I know I’ve been very inconsistent with posting new blog content lately, but one thing I’ll always post is my monthly favorites!Continue reading “Monthly Favorites | April 2022”
February is one of those months where if you blink too long, it’ll be St. Patrick’s Day. The past 28 days have certainly been a blur.Continue reading “Monthly Favorites | February 2022”
The two key questions to ask yourself when finding a good Christmas movie to watch:Continue reading “Top 5 Must Watch Christmas Movies”
I’ve been watching more Korean and Japanese shows this month. I like to watch them in their original languages and follow along with English subtitles. I hate when foreign shows have American voiceovers, it’s distracting and I’m not able to truly feel the emotions.
I’ve become so invested in watching these shows that I’ve begun to distinguish the difference between Korean and Japanese languages. And I’ve begun to identify if a name is of Japanese or Korean origin based on the spelling and pronunciation. After Squid Game, I’ve watched Hellbound, Alice in Borderland, and My Name. All of them were absolutely amazing!
// T.V. Series
- Sex Education- Netflix. Eric irritated my entire being when he chose Adam over Rahim. Does anyone feel the same?
- Hellbound- Netflix. I thought the whole demon monster thing was a little corny at first but this show grew on me fast.
- Alice in Borderland- Netflix. If you liked Squid Game, you’ll definitely like this too.
- Malfunction: The Dressing Down of Janet Jackson- Hulu. Janet did not deserve to be treated like that. That wardrobe incident at the super bowl was not her fault whatsoever and I’m thankful for this documentary for bringing this back up. So, go stream her 2004 album- “Damita Jo” that got black listed after the incident and tune into her documentary premiering in January so we can finally get the full true story straight from Ms. Jackson herself.
- True Story- Netflix. Kevin Hart surprised me in this. He really showed his range outside of comedy. At first, I thought it was a movie but it turned out to be a series and I was not disappointed.
- My Name- Netflix. A Korean action-drama about a woman who seeks revenge for her fathers death. You think you know how these movies are going to end but the twists and turns are shocking.
// Movies & Films
- The Harder They Fall- Netflix. Hands down, the best movie I’ve seen in a long time. A great well put together cast as well. I’ve watched again and again. We really needed a bad ass black western movie that didn’t have any slavery involved.
- Passing- Netflix. In 1920s New York City, a Black woman finds her world upended when her life becomes intertwined with a former childhood friend who’s passing as white.
- King Richard- HBO Max. Based on the true story of tennis goats- Venus and Serena Williams. Very inspiring!
- Bruised- Netflix. It was great to see Halle Berry back on the screen. This was a pretty good movie but I wanted more from the ending.
- Zola- Plex TV. The movie based of a twitter thread that went viral. The actress that played Zola (Taylour Paige) is so fineee btw.
My top favorite albums of the month were:
- Isaiah Rashad’s ‘The House Is Burning [homies begged]’ deluxe version ft. Project Pat, Juicy J, Young Nudy, and more. Just when I thought I couldn’t love this album even more than I already did when it first came out, the deluxe was icing on the cake. This album should win a best hip hop album of the year award.
- Summer Walker’s ‘Still Over It’ album. Great for sliding down walls and blocking numbers.
- An Evening With Silk Sonic album by Bruno Mars, Anderson. Paak, and Silk Sonic finally came out and I’m loving the funky 70s vibes.
- The Harder They Fall (The Motion Picture Soundtrack) was a beautiful work of art.
- Jean Deaux is an artist I’ve been watching for some time now since 2019, she’s so underrated. Her last three projects including her recent ‘Most Wanted’ album were very good. She’s been featured on so many songs that I like, I’m glad she’s breaking out on her own now.
Honorable mention: Adele’s ’30’ album. I only liked about two songs off the new album. I think she’s beautiful and super talented but I have to really be in the mood to listen to her music. I’m sad I didn’t love this album like I thought I would but I can tell she’s been through hell and back and I’m proud of her growth and resilience. Her aura and vulnerability is unmatched, I think I like her more as a person than as an artist. The 73 Questions With Adele interview with Vogue made me like her even more.
Check out all my favorite songs that I’ve been vibin’ to this past month below:
// Podcast Episodes
I’m currently not reading anything new at the moment but, I recently ordered the new Will Smith book and it should be here in a few days (I’m getting it as a Christmas gift for my mom).
I’ve been using the honeypot feminine products for well over a year now and I’m never going back to any other brand at this point. Although, I strongly believe they should make bigger packaging so I won’t run out of products so fast cause they are not very cheap. But at the end of the day, it’s worth chucking out the extra bucks. I started off with their normal foaming cleanser and then progressed to their pads, panty liners, feminine wipes, and tampons. I especially love that Honeypot is a black women owned business and all their products are healthy and organic. Happy vagina, happy life!
Fuzzy Bucket Hats.
Fuzzy bucket hats are a trend that I Stan. You can really do so much with styling these hats and they keep you warm at the same time. I want to start collecting every color. When I think about personal style, hats are the first accessory I think of that will make someone stand out.
Flamin’ Hot Cheetos.
I don’t eat a lot of junk food but when I do, I like to turn to my childhood favorites. I haven’t had flamin’ hot cheetos in a long time and I was craving them. They oddly taste so good with chocolates too. And if you have a stuffy nose, these will help clear them nostrils out for sure.
Sweet Potato Pie.
Please don’t revoke my black card but I just recently starting liking sweet potato pie, yams, and stuffing. I never been a pie person but sweet potato pie specifically has me in a chokehold. The crust is my favorite part and I love eating it with whipped cream and ice-cream on the side.
// Thanksgiving 2021.
Thanksgiving was small and intimate just how it was last year. Me and my family still haven’t taken the risk of having a big family gathering due to covid. I’ve been putting off getting my booster shot but I should have it by the time this post goes live.
// Seasonal Depression.
Seasonal depression has been whooping my ass and it’s not even winter yet. It’s cold, gloomy, and it gets dark by 5:00pm now so my mood has been very blah and I’m tired 99% of the time. I haven’t really found a way to cope with my seasonal depression yet but I do know that I crave physical touch a lot more during this time (hugs, cuddles, etc.). Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Till next time,