During this healing girl summer..Continue reading “Healing Girl Summer”
but I will prevail.Continue reading “The first 6 months of 2022 had some serious hands”
The treatment of your nails is or should be similar to how you would treat the hair on your head (with care!). Here are my 6 quick tips on how to grow strong healthy nails.
- Increase your water intake – We all should be drinking at least eight 8ounce glasses of water each day. I find I have no problem drinking a lot of water during the warmer months but I do struggle with this during the winter. But your body, skin and nails will thank you later. Go drink some water right now!
- Stop biting your nails – Not only does it hinders your nails from growing longer it’s also disgusting. Think of all the public places you’ve been and the surfaces you touched. The doorknobs, sink faucets, car door handles, etc. “Coronavirus!” *Cardi B’s voice*
- Take vitamins & increase superfood intake – My favorite vitamin to take is Hair, Skin & Nails vitamins with Biotin by Nature’s Bounty. As far as superfoods go: salmon, eggs, chicken, spinach, avocado and nuts/seeds (pumpkin) are a good start. They are all rich with their own vitamins and proteins.
- Cuticle treatments – Your cuticles are layers of clear skin located at the base of your fingernails. The cuticles are there to protect new nails from bacteria and without proper care they can grow infections. To treat them it’s important to use a gel cuticle cream to push them back and to trim off any hangnails. For a little razzle dazzle, add a nourishing oil on top. I’ve been seeing these cute cuticle oil pens that I think are worth having. Or be cheap like me and blend your own organic oils together.
- Keep up with regular maintenance – This includes cutting, shaping, filing, cleansing, moisturizing, and polishing. Dirty fingernails are a huge pet peeve for me.
- Put down the acrylics – Ladies, I know having long beautifully designed acrylics can be addicting but I would suggest taking breaks to give your nail beds a rest. Instead opt for gel manicures or dip powder that will actually help strengthen your nails. Sometimes I’ll just rock some clear polish (L.A. Colors- Base Coat & Top Coat Nail Treatment) over my natural nails and keep it moving.
Till next time,