Hello beloveds, I hope everyone is having a fun and safe Halloween. I love seeing all the creative costumes on Instagram. Halloween is definitely one of my favorite holidays!
Unfortunately, I’m spending this Halloween working all day and then, I’m going home to relax and watch horror movies.
Getting Back on Track with My Spiritual Journey
Ever since my aura photo experience, I’ve been thinking more about my spiritual journey and what I need to do to get more grounded. In 2019, I was starting to get really deep into this spiritual thing but I experienced some spiritual warfare which knocked me very off balanced.
And since then- I’ve been unlearning, relearning, and healing. This past month, I’ve been educating myself on various topics like hoodoo, rootwork, spiritual protection, etc. I’ve started recording and interpreting my dreams again since they’ve been pretty vivid, my intuition has been on point, I feel energy way more intensely, and I just be knowing things before they happen. I can go deeper in detail on a separate post at a later time, so I’ll end my rant by saying- “we are all witches here”. Because if you think about it- every single person in this world holds some sort of unique magic within them. Some of us are either tapped into it and there are some that aren’t. And I know I probably sound crazy to those who aren’t highly self-aware but those who get it, get it.
No longer rescheduling joy
I went on another solo dating experience this month. This time, I treated myself to lunch, got a luxury spa pedicure and nearly cried cause physical touch is my love language and my feet really needed that TLC. And then, I treated myself to the movies to see ‘Halloween Ends’. It’s getting easier and easier going places by myself without feeling awkward.
I can’t believe I’m saying this, but Hulu been having some good movies lately. Netflix needs to tighten up cause the quality ain’t matching the higher subscription price. Anyways, Raising Kanan season 2 finale was FIRE! I’m Team Unique now all the way. He’s the realest and soo foine! Marvin has also become a favorite of mine; I love his character development.
- The Hair Tales. “The Hair Tales is a dynamic celebration of Black women’s identity, beauty, culture and humanity, uniquely expressed through the stories in our hair. A docu-series where 6 diverse phenomenal women – Issa Rae, Rep. Ayanna Pressley, CHIKA, Marsai Martin, Chloe Bailey and Oprah Winfrey lay their intimate hair tales on the table with Tracee Ellis Ross.” (Hulu).
- Unsolved Mysteries Vol. 3. “Real cases of perplexing disappearances, shocking murders and paranormal encounters fuel this gripping revival of the iconic documentary series.” (Netflix).
- American Horror Story: NYC. “Mysterious deaths and disappearances ramp up in the city. Meanwhile, a doctor makes a frightening discovery, and a local reporter becomes tomorrow’s headline.” (FX).
- The Watcher. “Ominous letters. Strange neighbors. Sinister threats. A family moves into their suburban dream home, only to discover they’ve inherited a nightmare.” (Netflix).
- MIKE (Mini-series). “The 8-episode limited series explores the tumultuous ups and downs of Tyson’s boxing career and personal life – from being a beloved global athlete to a pariah and back again. Focusing the lens on Mike Tyson, the series examines class in America, race in America, fame and the power of media, misogyny, the wealth divide, the promise of the American Dream and ultimately our own role in shaping Mike’s story. MIKE is an unauthorized and no-holds-barred look at the life of Mike Tyson – and it is one wild ride.” (Hulu).
- 28 Days Haunted. “Three teams each spend 28 days in some of America’s most haunted locations for a paranormal experiment based on the theories of Ed and Lorraine Warren.” (Netflix).
- BMF. “BMF follows the story of two brothers who created the Black Mafia Family, the most prominent drug distribution network in American history.” (STARZ).
- The BMF Documentary: Blowing Money Fast. “A docuseries about the Black Mafia Family, who built one of the largest American cocaine empires.” (STARZ).
The reviews on the new ’28 Days Haunted’ show literally speaks for itself on Twitter and it was so hilarious. I believe in paranormal and supernatural things, but this show was not very believable. There’s no way these participants went into these places not knowing anything. Although I feel this show is kinda fake, it’s entertaining as hell. So, I’ll be tuning into the next season.
Honorable mention: The 2022 BET Hip-Hop Awards Show. Glorilla had hands-down the best performance of the night, period. I also loved KenTheMan and Baby Tates cypher performances and I’m glad they’re getting the shine they deserve. It’s giving pu$$y power!
Movies + Films:
- Mr. Harrigan’s Phone. “A boy and an aging billionaire bond over books — and their first iPhones. But when the older man passes, their mysterious connection refuses to die.” (Netflix).
- Hellraiser. “A reinvention of Clive Barker’s 1987 horror classic from director David Bruckner in which a young woman struggling with addiction comes into possession of an ancient puzzle box, unaware that its purpose is to summon the Cenobites, a group of sadistic supernatural beings from another dimension.” (Hulu).
- Inheritance. “When Lauren’s wealthy father dies and leaves her the keys to a hidden bunker on their estate, what she finds could destroy her family — and their lives.” (Netflix).
- Luckiest Girl Alive. “A writer’s perfectly crafted New York City life starts to unravel when a true-crime documentary forces her to confront her harrowing high school history.” (Netflix).
- Alice. “Alice, an enslaved person on a Georgia plantation, escapes through the woods and stumbles through time into the year 1973. After she meets a disillusioned political activist, she confronts the lies that kept her enslaved.” (STARZ).
- Abandoned. “Abandoned follows the sharply intense lives of a mother, father, and infant son as they move into a remote farmhouse, which harbors a dark, tragic history.” (Hulu).
- Spiral: From the Book of SAW. “A criminal mastermind unleashes a twisted form of justice in Spiral, the terrifying new chapter from the book of Saw.” (STARZ).
- Halloween Ends (In theaters). “The saga of Michael Myers and Laurie Strode comes to a spine-chilling climax in this final installment of the franchise.”
**SPOILER ALERT**: My ‘Halloween Ends’ movie rant
Please skip if you still have plans on seeing ‘Halloween Ends’!!
Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
Okay so, boom!
I had so many issues with ‘Halloween Ends’. This being the last movie of this whole entire franchise, there shouldn’t have been any mistakes. I know for a fact, most of everyone in the theater left feeling very disappointed, barely no one clapped at the end except that one lone person.
Number one: why the hellllll did they waste so much time focusing on crazy ass Corey, and this botched love story?! This movie was over 2 hours long and it didn’t get good till the last 20-15 minutes of the movie. Number two: Michael Myers spent most of the movie hiding out in the gutters and acting weak with his old ass. When Corey yoked him up and took his mask, I was floored. Michael wasn’t killing nothing the whole movie except three people. Number three: since when do Michael Myers feel sorry for someone (Corey) and takes on a “protege”? Number four: I hated how the town turned on Laurie with no regard to what she’s been through with Michael over the decades. And number five: how did Laurie kill Michael by slitting his wrists, throat, and smashing him up in the trash compactor so easily? I thought Michael was invincible but it seems like he’s actually just a really strong human. But if he was that easy to kill, they should’ve killed him like that in the first or second movie.
That being said, I went back and rewatched ‘Halloween H20’ and Michael was literally decapitated at the end of the movie. How did he survive that? and what happened to Laurie’s son? I didn’t even know she had one and he wasn’t mentioned in ‘Halloween Ends’. Too many loopholes and unanswered questions. But, at this point I’m glad it’s over.
On a good note, I loved how Laurie moved smarter and trusted her instincts this time. The fake suicide scene was perfect. Check out #StruggleNation’s review below:
There was an overflow of new music that came out in the month of October. I was actually overwhelmed. As a die-hard music lover, that’s a pretty serious thing to say. Literally everyone was dropping new projects at once like, please slow down. I’m determined to listen to it all in due time. For October, it was a must to break it up between albums and EPs.
Artist Picks of the Month: Zyah Belle and Smino.
10.2022 – Playlist
(Link to Apple Music Playlist)
Favorite New Albums
- Zyah Belle- Yam Grier. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- WILLOW- <Coping Mechanism>. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Quavo & Takeoff- Only Built for Infinity Links. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Janet Jackson- The Velvet Rope (Deluxe Edition). (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Lil’ Baby- It’s Only Me. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Smino- Luv 4 Rent. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Robert Glasper- Black Radio III. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Muni Long- Public Displays of Affection: The Album. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Babyface- Girls Night Out. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- J. Howell- Honest. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Shygirl- Nymph. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
Out of all the albums that came out this month, Smino’s ‘Luv 4 Rent’ really did it for me. He’s hella creative, unique af, and his fashion sense is impeccable. The album has no skips at all so you know ima give it 5 stars. My favorite songs right now off the album are: “Pro Freak” (Doechii ate up everyone on that song), “Louphoria”, Modennaminute”, “Pudgy”, and “No L’s”.
Lil Baby and Robert Glasper had solid great albums too. I gave Muni Long’s music a chance and she can actually sing; Quavo and Takeoff did great on their first album without Offset, J. Howell continues to pull on my heart strings, SZA finally released ‘T-Shirt, Rhianna dropped a song, and Shygirls new album brung out all the dark feminine energy.
Next, I was so happy when Janet Jackson re-released the deluxe version to one of her most precious albums- The Velvet Rope. She deserves all the love and flowers she gets. Also, Babyface did well showcasing some of today’s best female r&b artists in ‘Girls Night Out’.
Also, I noticed that DRAM pushed back his album release to November 10th. That was honestly a great idea cause there’s too much competition right now.
And finally, I’m very excited for Wizkid’s new project dropping November 6th, I’m already loving his latest single “Money & Love”.
Favorite New EPs
I want to fight the person(s) who’s behind Jon Vinyl’s PR or management team cause I’m tired of all these singles and EPs being dropped but still no album, what’s really going on?!
- Xavier Omar- b l u r r. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Jon Vinyl- Palisade. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Sebastian Mikael- Phileo. (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Samaria- Didn’t start with you. (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Joyce Wrice- Motive. (⭐️⭐️⭐️)
- Malia- What’s After “I Love You”? (⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️)
Side Note: I decided not to add links to every single album, and EP I mentioned this month because honestly, I feel like ya’ll don’t be clicking them anyway (unless you can prove me wrong) and its very time consuming. So, ya’ll just have to search and find them on whatever music streaming platform you utilize. I did my part.
New Podcast Shows I’m Currently Loving
The Rewatcher: Buffy the Vampire Slayer– If you didn’t know, Buffy the Vampire Slayer is one of my top favorite TV shows of all time. I rewatched the entire series for the first time as an adult about 2 years ago and very thoroughly enjoyed it even more. This podcast is another great excuse for me to rewatch it again.
Trials to Triumph– “As one of the lead actresses in both the movie and series ‘Dear White People’, Ashley Blaine Featherson-Jenkins is deeply connected to many of the premiere innovators and performers in the entertainment industry. In this interview-style show, Ashley and her guests will unpack moments that remained hidden from the public as guests worked to become who they are today. After each episode, listeners will feel inspired and empowered to keep going, no matter where they are in life.” (Ashley Blaine Featherson-Jenkins).
Black Girls Texting– “Unfiltered takes on culture, news, dating and our lives as black millennial women. We are coming to ya’ll with the honesty and eyerolls that only a text chain with your girls can. This is Black Girls Texting with Chelsea, Glynn, and Sade.” (Black Girls Texting).
for the healthy hoes– “A space dedicated to providing resourceful wellness information via casual + everyday chats about mindfulness, intentionality, and self-awareness” (Ri Turner).
(New) Favorite Podcast Episodes
New Book Alert:
I’ve heard so many good reviews on this book and I’m happy I finally got my hands on it. I’ve been doing terrible with making time to read this year as I’m still on book 1 of 10 and it’s almost December. But that doesn’t stop me from ordering more books, does it? Nope. This book is for anyone who is on their spiritual journey and looking for enlightenment.
(Purchase “The Power of Now” here.)
Hair & Beauty
10-Month Loc Update Photos:
I also asked my loctician to recreate Chloe Baileys low ponytail look:
It was cute but I took it down the same night. The braids started to hurt and the extra hair was annoying on my neck.
If you don’t keep toilet spray in your bathroom and carry some with you on-the-go, you are a menace to society. Air Fresheners are okay for making the air smell good, but a toilet spray will target the main culprit- the toilet. Poo-Pourri is still my favorite brand!
(Get your own Poo-Pourri value set here)
Food Favorites & Reviews
First of all, shoutout to E.S. for putting me onto Cutwater- I love you! ❤ Anyway, the taste is very surprising to say the least but more so on the bitter side. I wouldn’t recommend these if taste is a big factor for you. The purpose of these drinks is to simply get you lit. With a 12.5% alcohol volume, they definitely get the job done. I got a nice buzz before I even finished the first one. You can find Cutwater at your local liquor store.
I don’t know why kettle corn still isn’t an option at all the movie theater concession stands by now. We don’t always want buttered popcorn. I usually get these from a local grocery store, but they can be found on Amazon like most things. They’re 99 cents, gluten free, and whole grain which makes me feel a little less guilty for eating them so much.
Happy Birthday to all the freak nasty Scorpios out there and I hope all my lovely Libras enjoyed their birthday!!
That’s all for now, till next time!
2 responses to “We Are All Witches Here”
I love what you wrote about your spiritual journey. I agree with the title you chose for this post. We all have a little magic in us. I’m so glad you are prioritizing yourself and your peace. Also, great picks on some of the music and shows.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you so much! I really appreciate your feedback and I’m happy you can connect and agree with me. I will continue to prioritize myself and my peace cause if I don’t, who will? Lol I hope you are well and doing the same! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person