Hey guys, I know I’ve been very inconsistent with posting new blog content lately, but one thing I’ll always post is my monthly favorites!
It’s not that I don’t love blogging and writing because I really do it’s just a lot going on. I’m mentally and physically exhausted. I want to create more but I just don’t have the energy or motivation to feed my creativity right now. My full-time job takes a lot out of me. I need a change of scenery/ a vacation so bad. I still wanna know how some of ya’ll bloggers are able to post every single day. I lowkey miss the days of being on lockdown and having more free time. I’m thinking maybe writing shorter posts will help.
// T.V. Shows
- [The Ultimatum: Marry or Move On.] “Get hitched or call it quits? Couples put their love to the test — while shacking up with other potential matches — in a provocative reality series.” – I wasn’t planning on ever watching this show but I’m so glad I did. I forgot how much I love messy reality tv. I still think dating shows are very much corny. But any who, April was my favorite on this season. She’s a little crazy, self centered but you can’t say she’s not confident and her energy is infectious. Madlyn, Colby, and Nate were the worst. Jake was full of caca as well.
- [Conversations with a Killer: The John Wayne Gacy Tapes.] “He dined with the powerful. He preyed on the vulnerable. Beneath a smiling exterior was the horrifying darkness of a sadistic serial killer.”– Disturbing to say the least, what a sicko.
**Addendum: I literally just binged through the final episodes to season 4 of Ozark at 2:20am Today on May 1st, 2022. And all I gotta say is, I know it better be another season cause it did not have to end like that. Got my blood pressure all up! Claire count your days!!
- [The Adam Project.] “After accidentally crash-landing in 2022, time-traveling fighter pilot Adam Reed teams up with his 12-year-old self on a mission to save the future.” – Whoever played the young Adam in this movie did a great job. He was so funny and witty. The on-screen chemistry with Ryan Reynolds was magic. This movie made me laugh a lot.
- [White Hot: The Rise & Fall of Ambercrombie & Fitch.] “All the cool kids were wearing it. This documentary explores A&F’s pop culture reign in the late ’90s and early 2000s and how it thrived on exclusion.” I always had a weird feeling about this store and also Hollister. This documentary confirmed my weird feelings to be justified. It was the discrimination and racism for me. They were really firing people for not being white or hot enough, that’s insane.
- [Choose or Die.] “Tempted by a chance to win unclaimed prize money, two friends reboot a mysterious 1980s video game and step into a surreal world of next-level terror.” – The temptation of money can be deadly, fast money ain’t always good money. This was a really good horror movie in my opinion.
- [In Our Mothers Gardens.] “Black women from across the globe unlock stories of their mothers to redefine holistic lives rooted in radical self-care and healing in this documentary.” This documentary was healing and reaffirming. I love being a black woman.
- [The Rental.] “A dreamy weekend getaway at a gorgeous and remote seaside rental takes a nightmarish turn for two couples when their secrets emerge and fear creeps in.” – Probably one of the first movies where I didn’t care about what happened to any of the characters, they were all unlikeable and dumb.
Dreamville dropped their project on March 31st, so I wasn’t able to add it to my March Favorites post in time. Which is fine cause I had plenty of time to fully digest the album and I loved it; they don’t miss.
My artist pick of the month: Iamdoechii. I spent an unhealthy amount of time scrolling through her Instagram page recently. When I get obsessed with an artist and their music, I have to find out everything I can about them. I feel like Doechii has the career that Azealia Banks talked herself out of. I love Doechii’s style, her voice, her beauty, and her creativity is off the charts which is evident in her music videos. I think she will go far. Songs of Doechii’s to check out: “Crazy” (plus the music video), “Persuasive”, and “Wat U Sed” by Isaiah Rashad which she is featured on.
Check out my April 2022 playlist below:
Top 10 Current Favorite Albums:
- Kojey Radical- Reason to Smile.
- Bas- [BUMP] Pick Me Up’ EP.
- Mack Keane & ESTA- Intersections’ EP.
- Vince Staples- RAMONA PARK BROKE MY HEART
- Dreamville- D Day: A Gangsta Grillz Mixtape.
- Jvck James- On the Rocks’ EP.
- Future- I Never Liked You.
- PJ Morton- Watch the Sun.
- Syd- Broken Hearts Club.
- Omar Apollo- Ivory.
I’m still trying to get into Kehlani’s album- ‘Blue Water Road’ but so far there’s only one song that I really like.
Futures newest album ‘I Never Liked You’ has grown on me over the last 24 hours but it’s certainly not his best work though.
Also, I’m trying to give this Pusha T album- ‘It’s Almost Dry’ a chance as well but it’s not really doing it for me.
// Podcast Episodes
// Hybrid Lash Extensions
Hybrids are a mix of classic and mega volume which fit me so well. I only get them done very rarely so I was in the mood to treat myself cause I deserve it, tf. I’m not heavily into makeup so a good lash set and a nice lip color or gloss is all I need. My friend Shannon provided the individual lash service for me. Please check out her business if you’re in the Baltimore/MD area- x-xx-iii-luxe.square.site.com. The set I’m wearing is ‘Dior’.
Dry brushing helps exfoliate the skin via physical exfoliation just like a body scrub would do. It’s best to do it bare skin before you get in the tub/shower. Exfoliation helps products better penetrate the skin for ultimate moisture and effectiveness. I got my dry brush from my local Walmart.
//Dove Hand Wash
It smells exactly like the Dove deep moisture body wash which I love so I had to get the matching scent as a hand wash. I think I may be a little OCD about washing my hands and applying lotion. I don’t know what it is, but it makes me feel clean and feminine. Soft hands is a must.
// New Hand Creams
- Burt’s Bees Hand Salve- $.13.58
- Jergens Cloud Creme- $5.97.
- Find Your Happy Place’ Moisturizing Hand Cream- $3.47.
// Room Spray
- Rose Water & Ivy Concentrated Room Spray- $8.50. A very feminine and pleasant fragrance.
- ‘Ease Ya Soul’ White Sage & Lavender candle by: Bonafied Essentialz- $10.00
Favorite Foods & Snacks
I love me some pickles. Most specifically, the Kurtz Kosher Dill Pickles. I’ve been snacking on them like crazy. You know how you haven’t had something in a long time that once you get it, you become addicted? That’s me. Pickles are so sweet but sour and salty. I just love the garlic flavor and crunchiness, definitely one of my favorite go-to snacks. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.
I was tired of eating out at the same places and Ethiopian food was something I always wanted to try so I figured I’d expand my palate. I looked up the best Ethiopian spots nearby and landed upon Tabor Ethiopian Restaurant. I did my research beforehand, so I already knew what to order and expect.
I got the Tabor combo for 3 people which included three meats- special tibs, alicha wot, and key wot with 9 veggie sides. I loved the spiciness. I wanted the full traditional experience, so I ate my dinner with my hands using the Injera to pick up the food. Injera is like a soft sourdough bread. I can’t wait to try some Ethiopian coffee next time.
//The Cheesecake Factory
The Jamaican Black Pepper Chicken and Shrimp entree was filling and flavorful. I had a mai tai to wash it all down. The Cheesecake Factory was super busy on the day we went, there was a 15-minute wait for a table. Unfortunately, once we sat down, the service was pretty slow throughout. I ordered a Reese’s Cup cheesecake to-go for dessert.
//Spicy Shrimp Rolls
My go-to is Shrimp Tempura but these spicy shrimp rolls are just one of the many options I have at my job’s cafe, and they hit the spot every time.
//Fish and Chips
HoodFellas Bistro & Catering has hands down the best fish and chips I’ve ever had. Hot and fresh! Their menu offers many other American and Seafood options that I can’t wait to try. Parking sucks so I would order pick up instead.
I went to KOBA Korean BBQ for a 22nd birthday celebration for my cousin this past week, it was my first time trying Korean BBQ and I’m now a fan. I was so confused looking at the menu but thankfully my cousin and aunt have been there before, so they ordered everything for us.
We got the Classic set of 7 different meats (my favorite was the pork ribs), a bunch of sides, sauces, salad, and white rice. It was an all-you-can-eat style setting and the waiters cooked the meats on a stovetop in front of us. It was about $31.00 per person. We enjoyed some Chardonnay and Soju. Soju is Korea’s national alcohol. My mom got drunk; it was hilarious. The soju was sweet so you can barely taste the alcohol, which mean it’ll sneak up on you.
// As of April 29th, 2022, I am now 5 months into my loc journey. Based on all the pictures I take of my hair; I’m really starting to see the growth. I was really worried about the frizz and that it looked like some locs were trying to unravel but my loctician got my locs allll the way together at my maintenance appointment on April 28th. I had gone over 11 weeks without a retwist (not by choice) and I’m never doing that again. Check out my Loc Journey highlights for new pictures posting soon.
// I decided to take myself off of birth control again, it’s been 2 weeks so far and I don’t plan to go back on this time. I’m thinking about documenting my journey on here but not sure anyone would really be interested. I’ve been on the pill for about 7 years and I’ll be 29 this year so I no longer want to prevent pregnancy that bad. I got on birth control in order to not get pregnant at a young age, to gain weight, ease PMS, and clear my skin (which I accomplished). My cycles were normal before the pill and during so hopefully regulating naturally again won’t be too difficult. A healthy womb is my priority.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ALL THE HARD-HEADED STUBBORN TAUREANS OUT THERE AND I HOPE ALL THE ARIES ENJOYED THEIR BIRTHDAY!!
Till next time,